VALR is looking for experienced web developers to join our Engineering Team to help us deliver the best experience possible for our customers.
Who are we?
VALR is a South African cryptocurrency exchange. We're helping to build a new financial system that recognises the oneness of humanity.
We’re a startup operating in a fast paced environment where we can’t afford to stand still. We are constantly learning and growing both professionally and personally. Everyone at VALR works exceptionally hard and loves to just get stuff done.
We 💙our customers and go to extreme lengths to ensure we exceed their expectations.
What would you be doing?
- Development of rich web applications using React and related technologies
- Integration with backend REST APIs and Websockets
- Writing easy to read, maintainable code
- Leading some of our junior engineers and helping them level up
- Working alongside our designers in order to convert designs into working frontend code
- Going above and beyond when the need arises
What are the requirements?
- 5+ years of experience using web frameworks professionally
- Very strong expertise in React, Redux and related technologies
- Intuitive sense of design and usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate independently in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Driven by a passion to learn constantly
- Critical thinker not afraid to make quick decisions and follow through
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Solid understanding of version control, containerisation and CI/CD concepts
Any nice to haves?
- Experience with React styled-components and hooks, Redux-Saga, PostgreSQL, Docker, Git or similar technologies
- Understanding of containerisation, CI/CD concepts
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and alternative financial systems
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment