VALR is looking for software QA analysts with a focus on testing web apps, mobile apps and backend APIs to help us continue to deliver the best trading experience possible.
What would you be doing?
- Testing new features to extend our blockchain integrations
- Testing changes and bug fixes
- Reporting on bugs and testing progress
- Load, stress and performance testing
- Keeping up with the latest crypto and blockchain research
- Understanding and testing security tools and techniques
- Writing easy to read and maintainable test cases
- Going above and beyond when the need arises
What are the requirements?
- 3+ years of experience in Software Testing
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience in testing backend APIs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate independently in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Driven by a passion to learn constantly
- Critical thinker not afraid to make quick decisions and follow through
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to a changing environment
Any nice to haves?
- Experience in Postman and automation is advantageous
- Passion for cryptocurrencies, blockchains and alternative financial systems
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment
Who are we?
VALR is a South African cryptocurrency exchange. We're helping to build a new financial system that recognises the oneness of humanity.
We’re a startup operating in a fast-paced environment where we can’t afford to stand still. We are constantly learning and growing both professionally and personally. Everyone at VALR works exceptionally hard and loves to just get stuff done. We all wear many different hats and get involved wherever and whenever we can.
We 💙 our customers and go to extreme lengths to ensure we exceed their expectations.