VALR Company Information
VALR has built the largest cryptocurrency platform headquartered in Africa, serving over 378,000 customers. We are proud to offer a suite of products that are helping increase economic freedom and build a financial system that recognizes the oneness of humankind.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at VALR, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture where we:
- Default to a high degree of autonomy and ownership combined with positive energy and truth-seeking
- Embrace feedback
- Disrupt ourselves
- Expect sustained high performance
Second, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone, which we’re working to achieve with our suite of products that serve South Africans and eventually customers globally.
With the above in mind and our goals of disrupting the financial system and serving humanity, we require unique, dedicated, and incredibly talented people to join the VALR family.
VALR is looking for software QA analysts with a focus on testing web apps, mobile apps and backend APIs to help us continue to deliver the best trading experience possible.
What would you be doing?
- Testing new features to extend our blockchain integrations
- Testing changes and bug fixes
- Reporting on bugs and testing progress
- Create and/or implement automated tests for web, mobile and API
- Load, stress and performance testing
- Keeping up with the latest crypto and blockchain research
- Understanding and testing security tools and techniques
- Writing easy to read and maintainable test cases
- Use analytical thinking to improve quality user experience across all product platforms
- Going above and beyond when the need arises
- Cross team collaboration
What do we look for in you?
- 3+ years of experience in Functional and Integration Software Testing
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience in testing backend APIs using tools such as Postman and other API testing tools
- Experience in test automation tools such as Selenium, Cypress, TestCafe
Nice to haves
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and alternative financial systems
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment
- A natural inclination to help people and the ability to explain technical details simply
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate independently in a demanding and dynamic environment
- High quality standards, with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership
- Driven by a passion to learn constantly
- Critical thinker not afraid to make quick decisions and follow through
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Display trust and honesty in the handling of cash or finances
What you can expect from VALR?
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry
- Leave: Flexible leave policy with 3 weeks minimum
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like - Employees to ensure that there is secure, stable internet connectivity in order to effectively work remotely
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home - all of it yours to keep after 3 years
- Learning fund: R10,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses
- Statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave
- Regular get-togethers outside of work (COVID permitting)
- Annual company retreats (COVID permitting)