Purpose of the job:
VALR is looking for a Blockchain Integration Specialist with NodeJS experience to join our Wallet Engineering Team.
What will you be doing:
- Build, improve and maintain containerised clusters of blockchain daemons/consensus nodes in a scalable and highly redundant way
- Develop and deploy NodeJS workers, within VALR’s infrastructure, that interface with blockchain nodes’ HTTP or Websocket interfaces
- Implement robust monitoring tools to control the stability of VALR’s blockchain infrastructure using Grafana and Prometheus
- Subscribe to relevant Discord, Telegram and Github channels and maintain healthy relationships with the web3 community as a way to quickly solve problems with Blockchain node execution
What we look for in you:
Skills relevant to the job include the education and/or experience, specialised training, and competencies required.
- Formal software engineering qualification not essential but rather in-depth background and experience in software engineering
- Practical experience is more relevant than a formal qualification
- Proficiency in management and maintenance of cloud infrastructure
- Experience with running Docker containers
- Strong passion for cryptocurrencies and the technology that underpins it
- Advanced NodeJS skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Advanced understanding of security principles and practices
- Previous experience in interacting with blockchain nodes (ie. Bitcoin, Ethereum) is an added advantage
- Previous experience in using Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Some Kubernetes experience
- Typescript and Solidity skills is a nice-to-have
- Other technologies of interest: Message queues (RabbitMQ), Monitoring Tools (Grafana, Prometheus)
What can you expect from VALR:
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry.
- Leave: Compliance with statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave.
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like - Employees to ensure that there is secure, stable internet connectivity in order to effectively work remotely.
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home - all of it yours to keep after 3 years. Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Learning fund: An annual upskilling budget of R16,000 per employee, which will be converted to the respective currency of the employee's payment, in addition to scheduled VALR training.
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses.
- Regular get-togethers outside of work.
- Annual company retreats.