VALR is looking for experienced security engineers to join our Engineering Team to help us deliver the best trading experience possible.
What would you be doing?
- Assist Infrastructure engineers develop secure systems by advising on secure patterns and practices
- Design and implement new controls into the VALR infrastructure platform that enhance the depth of our defence
- Integrate new secure design patterns into the VALR infrastructure platform that broaden what our engineers can do safely
What we look for in you
- You exhibit these strengths: positive energy, clear communication, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You have strong threat modelling skills to enable you to understand systems and what can go wrong
- You have experience with cloud-native architectures
Preferred skills & experience
- Implementing Kubernetes security and hardening
- Experience with Google/AWS Cloud
- Scripting and software engineering skills
- Container vulnerability scanning
- Good knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps principles
Nice to haves:
- You enjoy working through complex problems and datasets
- You have Interest in modern data management tools that help us find signal in the noise
- You have interest in cryptography or privacy engineering
- You have experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry - to build highly constrained architectures that are as painless as possible, while remaining highly transparent for ease of compliance and audit
Who are we?
VALR is a South African cryptocurrency exchange. We're helping to build a new financial system that recognises the oneness of humanity.
We’re a startup operating in a fast-paced environment where we can’t afford to stand still. We are constantly learning and growing both professionally and personally. Everyone at VALR works exceptionally hard and loves to just get stuff done. We all wear many different hats and get involved wherever and whenever we can.
We 💙 our customers and go to extreme lengths to ensure we exceed their expectations.