VALR has built South Africa’s leading cryptocurrency platform serving over 280,000 customers. We are proud to offer a suite of products that are helping increase economic freedom and build a financial system that recognizes the oneness of humankind.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at VALR, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture where we:
- Default to a high degree of autonomy and ownership combined with positive energy and truth-seeking
- Embrace feedback
- Disrupt ourselves
- Expect sustained high performance
Second, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone, which we’re working to achieve with our suite of products that serve South Africans and eventually customers globally.
With the above in mind and our goals of disrupting the financial system and serving humanity, we require unique, dedicated and incredibly talented people to join the VALR family.
Position: Social Media Manager
VALR is looking for a social media manager to support our small, dynamic marketing team. Because we’re still in a growth phase, we need someone who can handle both content development and community management. You won’t be on your own - we have resources to assist you with copywriting, graphic design and community management via our support people - but you’d be the person doing all the social media coordinating for us.
What would you be doing?
- Developing content for VALR’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram with the potential for growth into other platforms eg Discord
- Responding to social media messages and engaging with VALR’s social media communities in real-time
- Aligning social media content with VALR’s other marketing activities
- Community management
- Looking for tactical opportunities for relevant content that drives conversations
What we look for in you
- Can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- Strategic as well as creative ability
- Self-motivated and doesn’t need micromanaging - because we’re remote, entrepreneurial and have a relatively loose structure, we need someone who can take a brief and run with it from start to finish
- Good at working with input from other remote team members
- Ability to mentor new members of the team
- Sound knowledge of the crypto space
- Knowledge of the current social media space in crypto (conversations, themes, memes, debates)
- Demonstrated ability to run social media channels, on both the content and community management side
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience working in social media
Nice to haves
- Good writing ability (existing team members can assist with crafting copy)
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment
- A natural inclination to help people and the ability to explain technical details simply
What you can expect from VALR
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry
- Leave: Flexible leave policy with 3 weeks minimum
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home - all of it yours to keep after 3 years
- Learning fund: R10,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with lucrative bonuses
- 3 months maternity and 1-month paternity paid leave
- Regular get-togethers outside of work (COVID permitting)
- Annual company retreats (COVID permitting)