VALR is looking for experienced backend developers with a focus on blockchain and/or security, to join our Engineering Team to help us continue to deliver the best trading experience possible for our customers.
What would you be doing?
- Implementing new features to extend our blockchain integrations
- Keeping up with the latest crypto and blockchain research
- Understanding and applying security tools and techniques
- Writing easy to read, maintainable code
- Going above and beyond when the need arises
What we look for in you?
- 3+ years of experience in software development in production environments
- Designing and developing integrations into databases
- Creating backend REST & Websockets APIs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate independently in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Driven by a passion to learn constantly
- Critical thinker not afraid to make quick decisions and follow through
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to a changing environment
Any nice to haves?
- Prior experience in a SecOps (or similar) role
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Passion for cryptocurrencies, blockchains and alternative financial systems
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment
Who are we?
VALR is a South African cryptocurrency exchange. We're helping to build a new financial system that recognises the oneness of humanity.
We’re a startup operating in a fast-paced environment where we can’t afford to stand still. We are constantly learning and growing both professionally and personally. Everyone at VALR works exceptionally hard and loves to just get stuff done. We all wear many different hats and get involved wherever and whenever we can.
We 💙 our customers and go to extreme lengths to ensure we exceed their expectations.