- We're looking for an experienced financial manager to join our operations team;
- A great candidate is likely to be a crypto fanatic who has a deep interest in the crypto space and is looking for an opportunity to learn about this industry and contribute to the growth of VALR;
- Important characteristics include the capacity to get stuff done, lead ones self without significant guidance and desire to work across both financial and operational parts of VALR;
a startup operating in a fast-paced environment. Everyone here works
exceptionally hard. You must be willing to work some evenings and
weekends where necessary.
- Manage the monthly reporting process, including management accounts and VAT returns;
- Manage annual financial reporting to our shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Manage all regulatory reporting, including for tax and any other compliance reasons;
- Build on internal reporting analytics, select for KPIs and report on these to the team;
- Build a core team around you to build our finance function;
- Work with our management team on financial aspects of improving existing products and building new products.
- Strong ownership mentality. Everyone at VALR has to be action-oriented and an independent thinker;
- Strong English communication skills (both written and verbal);
- A keen analytical mind;
- Strong excel skills;
- Registered Chartered Accountant or equivalent professional qualification;
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills;
- Strong time management and multitasking skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Loves helping people.
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with startups or in the crypto industry;
- Understanding and familiarity with cryptocurrency, DeFi, staking, fintech.
- VALR is a cryptocurrency exchange;
- We're helping to build a financial system that recognises the oneness of humanity;
- Learn more at VALR.com.